Earth Day is celebrated every year on the 22nd of April that is why April is Earth Month for the staff and apprentices of Outsource Training and Development.
This year’s theme is ‘End Plastic Pollution’. From poisoning and injuring marine life to disrupting human hormones, from littering our beaches and landscapes to clogging our waste streams and landfills, the exponential growth of plastics is now threatening the survival of our planet. (Taken from https://www.earthday.org/)
As an individual, here are some easy ways to use less plastic:
- Carry a reusable coffee mug or water bottle.
- Choose products that are packaged in jars or paper.
- Bring reusable bags to the store.
- Just say no to plastic straws.
- Buy food in bulk when possible.
- Store food in jars or cloth bags.
- Cook from scratch. Processed food, take-out containers, and take-away beverages are usually packaged in plastic, styrofoam, or plastic-lined materials (e.g. coffee cups).
- Sign a petition to end plastic pollution: https://www.earthday.org/end-plastic-pollution-petition/
- Make a pledge to end plastic pollution: https://www.earthday.org/stop-using-disposable-plastic/