International Women’s Day 2018 campaign theme: #PressforProgress
“With the World Economic Forum’s 2017 Global Gender Gap Report findings telling us that gender parity is over 200 years away – there has never been a more important time to keep motivated and #PressforProgress. And with global activism for women’s equality fuelled by movements like #MeToo, #TimesUp and more – there is a strong global momentum striving for gender parity.
And while we know that gender parity won’t happen overnight, the good news is that across the world women are making positive gains day by day. Plus, there’s indeed a very strong and growing global movement of advocacy, activism and support.”
Extracted from https://www.internationalwomensday.com/Theme
Outsource Training and Development encourages staff and learners to build awareness and get involved through some of the activities below:
- Visit and read the information on the Equality and Diversity (E&D) Board at Outsource HQ in Hammersmith.
- Take a selfie with one of the selfie cards on the E&D board and post this on your social media account with #PressforProgress.
- Read a book, article, website that celebrates women’s achievements.
- Press for a positive change for women by challenging stereotypes and bias in your everyday work.
- Complete the form below and click the button #PressforProgress.