Job Title: Trainer
Purpose and Objectives: The trainer is responsible for the design and delivery of high quality training and development to meet the requirements of the apprenticeship programmes; this includes Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT. The trainer will deliver added value throughout the delivery of these programmes by incorporating some bespoke training to meet employer needs.
The trainer will be responsible for ensuring all training delivered is of high quality, interactive and has high levels of participation. The trainer will ensure the training and development provides skills and techniques that candidates can apply immediately within their job roles.
The trainer will be responsible for the co-ordination/facilitation of group on-line/ paper based testing on the technical certificate, Functional Skills and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
The trainer’s objectives are to ensure all training and development delivered, meets the requirements of the technical certificate, functional skills and PLTS, supporting the Field Assessor and Internal Verifier to ensure timely achievement of apprenticeship frameworks.
The role will involve travel to a range of training locations including employer premises to deliver training and testing.
The trainer will be required to update Maytas with candidate attendance, progress and test results.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are in place for this job role. Trainers are required to meet quality standards and achievement of targets set by the company, performance is monitored as part of the organisations quality assurance arrangements
- Ensure all training and development delivered is cost effective
- Provide all financial and contractual required documentation within specified timelines detailed in the Operations Manual and staff handbook
- Complete all audit actions from the Quality Assurance process within 4 weeks of receiving a detailed action plan
- To work as a team to produce an Annual Training Calendar detailing all workshop delivery across all frameworks and various locations, in line with Operations Manual
- To ensure all training and development is resourced efficiently and effectively, including at least 8 delegates in a group session
- To work as a team to design and produce workshop and e-learning materials to meet the needs of the Functional Skills and other technical certificates for all frameworks delivered by the organisation
- To ensure all documentation for workshops is on the cloud and organised in an efficient & effective manner including lessons plans (schemes of work), handouts, tutor notes, power-point slides, signing in sheets and evaluation forms, in line with Operations Manual
- Deliver training and development to a high standard ensuring high level of candidate participation, this includes the review of candidates learning styles and diagnostics results to ensure participation
- Ensure all organisational documentation is completed as and when required, including:
- Signing in sheets to demonstrate attendance
- Evaluation forms
- Follow company procedure to manage non-attendance at workshops/ examination testing
- Update Maytas (Learning Plans) with candidate attendance, progress issues and achievements within seven days of the activity
- Follow up with apprentices at the workshops completion of framework modules, action plan and feedback through Maytas to operations team
- Communicate effectively with the field assessors and internal verifiers any changes to individual candidates training / support needs
- To take part in the development of new materials as and when requested
- Deliver and design bespoke materials and workshops for clients requesting commercial training
- Communicate to support specialist the individual needs of candidates who may require additional support and coaching to achieve Functional Skills qualifications
- Work with the administration team to send out joining instructions to candidates on programme and line managers
- Work with the administration team to ensure all workshop delivery materials/resources are prepared and with the trainer at least one week before delivery
- Support the organisation and use technology to deliver programmes effectively and efficiently including e-learning resources
- Research new techniques and training material to improve programmes
- Attend 121 meetings, other meetings and forums as required by the business
- Participate in any other reasonable duties/projects as requested by the Internal Quality Assurance Team or Directors
- Use evaluation feedback from candidates and employers to continuously improve the organisations training and development
- Contribute to the Internal Quality Assurance Process
- Complete all relevant paperwork in accordance with the Operations Manual
- Participate in the self-assessment process and drive the Quality Improvement Plan where appropriate to job role
- Maintain high standards in delivery in line with the Operations Manual
- Manage time and documentation effectively to complete workload and meet deadlines
- Plan, schedule and evaluate own work
- Create, maintain and promote good working relationships
- Comply fully with the organisations Equal and Diversity Policies and proactively promote equality of opportunity within the workplace
- Ensure that all candidates are provided with a good basic understanding of their rights and responsibilities in terms of equal opportunities and the appropriate methods for dealing with such discrimination (including an awareness of the grievance procedure)
- Bring any instances of actual or perceived discrimination, harassment or bullying to the attention of the Director and ensure that this dealt with appropriately
- Ensure that the training environment and assessment process are free from discrimination
- Ensure that employers/supervisors understand and promote the culture of “safeguarding” of all learners who participate in Outsource training programmes.